Get Leads for Cheap
A my5starz beginner’s guide to improving your website’s SEO!
We’ve all heard about the importance improving your website’s SEO… but what does that really mean? With all of those big, technical words getting thrown around, it can be hard for small business owners to figure out what they’re supposed to be doing online, and why. To put it simply, we’re getting you leads for cheap by enhancing your website. Read on to learn how SEO can help your business attract leads and move up in the Google organic listings!
To begin, let’s go over backlinks and what they are on a website. Backlinks are links from a different website to a page on your website through an anchor text. For example, by linking The Blind, Shade & Shutter Co. here, we are giving them a backlink. Are backlinks important for SEO? Yes! These backlinks are crucial to improving your SEO because when a resource links to your content, they signal to Google that that content is valuable. Therefore, Google recognizes your credibility and bumps you up on the organic listings. It’s all about trying to build authority and trust between your business and Google!
The tricky part is actually getting those backlinks. It’s going to take some digging for opportunities, and a lot of asking around, but we promise it’s worth it.
Ideas for how to get good backlinks for your website:
- Ask around for them – One of the best ways to get backlinks is by simply asking people for them. Reach out to fellow business owners in your community and ask if they would be willing to write a quick blog post supporting your business (with a backlink to your website). Be sure to offer to do the same for them!
- Testimonials – Get backlinks to your website by providing other businesses with testimonials! If you write a nice, supportive review as a fellow business owner, it is perfectly reasonable to request that your testimonial link back to your website. We all want to support each other’s small businesses, don’t we?
- Take advantage of your social media – Did you know that any social media post that contains a link to your website counts as a backlink? That means you have an opportunity to earn a backlink every single time you post on Facebook. Put a link to your website at the bottom of the caption, post it, and voilà – You just earned a backlink! P.S. Keep in mind that links don’t work in Instagram captions, but they do on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn!
- Write a guest blog post or get interviewed – Start by contacting websites, online content creators, and blog owners within your niche. Ask if you can be interviewed or write a relevant, informative guest blog for them! For example, if you’re in the window treatment industry, ask an interior design blog in your state if you can write a post about trending window treatments for living rooms in 2023. Don’t forget to include a link to your website.
- Get your website listed in website directories or resource pages – This is a great, easy way to get backlinks, as long as you are careful; Some directories and resource pages can be considered spam by Google. If you are going to go this route, be sure that these are reputable locations to have your website listed. When it comes to backlinks, quality matters.
- Join business associations – Last but not least, joining business associations is one of the best ways to get backlinks. They are highly specific and focused on your industry, physical location, or community! Join a local BNI, Chamber of Commerce, etc!
Next up, we’re discussing keywords. SEO keywords are the words and phrases in your online content that allows users to find your website! If you want a potential lead to be able to find you by Googling “blinds near me”, you need to be using the right keywords. Let’s go over some essential terminology.
Keyword terminology you need to know:
- Volume: An estimation of the number of monthly searches for a keyword.
- Keyword Difficulty (KD): An estimation of how hard it is to rank in the top 10 organic search results for a keyword on a 100-point scale.
- Cost Per Click (CPC): The average price that advertisers pay for each ad click in paid search results for a keyword.
- Position: The top position your target ranks for in the organic search results for a keyword.
How to find relevant keywords:
- Use free keyword tools! For example, check out wordstream.com/keywords.
- Research your competitors’ keywords and compare them to your own. Feel free to steal – it’s not wrong … that’s how you move up in the rankings!
- Let my5starz do the work for you! my5starz has access to a list of the successful keywords that your competitors are using, but you are not! With the my5starz SEO & Social Media package, we can provide you with this list and take your website to the top of the Google organic listings!
What is the best way to build your keywords & prove credibility?
Write blog posts based on keyword phrases! Blog posts are the best way to build up your keywords because they provide you an opportunity to answer commonly searched questions. In your answers, you can load up the post with extra keywords and phrases! Don’t be afraid to get detailed; When it comes to blog posts, the longer, the better.
Pro tip: Answer the Public will provide you with questions & prepositions that are highly searched for your industry. When you register with them, you’ll receive 3 free searches per day. This is plenty to get ideas for blog posts every single day! Check out examples of commonly searched questions and phrases based around the keyword “window treatments“.
We hope that you found this article on improving your website’s SEO using keywords and backlinks! If you are interested in having my5starz take SEO off of your hands, feel free to reach out to us!